Terrence M. Connors
- Business Litigation
- Representation of Professionals
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- White Collar Investigation
Terry Connors is a trial lawyer. His awards, honors and verdicts prove it. Whether it is a catastrophic personal injury case that merits a multi-million dollar award, (Terry has several record verdicts and settlements for the Western New York Region) or a high profile criminal case that needs his touch, (his last three Federal trials — all highly publicized — resulted in exoneration of his clients), Terry is up to the challenge. It might even be a “bet the company” litigation that pits him against famed lawyers like Johnnie Cochrane, Terry more than holds his own. These are just some of the reasons Terry was ranked by Super Lawyers® as the top lawyer in Upstate New York for seven straight years. City & State Magazine named Terry to the Top 50 Lawyers in the entire State of New York In addition, Terry has been named to the Western New York Power 100, the Buffalo Business First Power 250, and the NY Daily Record Power 50.
Invitation only, pre-eminent trial lawyer organizations have elected Terry to Fellowship in both the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. The Best Lawyers in America® has designated him in nine separate categories and selected him as Lawyer of the Year seven times: Personal Injury, twice in White Collar and Non-White Collar, twice in Bet-the-Company litigation and twice in Legal Malpractice. That is why lawyers, law firms and even Judges regularly seek his representation, making Terry a true “lawyer’s lawyer.”
Did You Know?
Terry was an All-City high school basketball player while growing up in New York, even competing against Lew Alcindor, more famously known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar during his Hall of Fame career with the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angels Lakers. Terry went on to co-captain the Canisius College Golden Griffins alongside, eventual three-term Buffalo Mayor, Anthony M. Masiello.
Terry has been featured in Buffalo Business First’s Top 10 Elite lawyers of Western New York. Click to read the article here.
Super Lawyers profiled Terry in 2018. Click here.
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- The Edwin F. Jaeckle Award — the highest accolade the
School of Law can bestow on an alumnus who brings honor
to the School and the profession.
- Chair, National Board of Advisors for the Law School
Advocacy Institute which includes the Innocence and Justice
- Buffalo Law Review Award for outstanding achievements in
the legal profession.
- The Jury Deliberation Room in the Law School Courtroom
has been named the Terrence M. Connors Jury Deliberation
- Distinguished Alumnus Award for the private practice of law
- Instructor, Trial Technique Program
- Former Member of the Dean’s Advisory Counsel
- Chair of the Campaign for U.B. : Generation to Generation
- The Edwin F. Jaeckle Award — the highest accolade the
- Canisius College, Buffalo, New York
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Co-Captain of the Varsity Basketball Team
- Member, Canisius College DiGamma Honor Society
- Guest of Honor at 1995 DiGamma Reception
- Member, Board of Regents of the College
- Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Fellow and Former Upstate Chair of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Membership in that organization is by invitation only, and limited to 1% of the lawyers in each State.
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Membership in that organization is by invitation only, and limited to a total of 500 trial lawyers in the United States.
- Chambers U.S.A. (Ranked) — Band 1 for Litigation; commenting that Terry is a “phenomenal trial lawyer” and “for the bet-the-company case.”
- Super Lawyers® Upstate New York — ranked number 1 in Upstate New York for seven straight years.
- The Best Lawyers in America® (New York: Woodward White 1987) –listed in nine separate categories: Bet-the-Company Litigation, Personal injury, Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, and Criminal Law — White Collar and Non-White Collar. Designated as Lawyer of the Year seven times: Personal Injury, twice in White Collar Defense, twice in Bet-the-Company Litigation and twice in Legal Malpractice.
- Lawyer of the Year — Erie County Bar Association.
- Attorney Professionalism Award — New York State Bar Association
- Hon. Thurgood S. Marshall Award as Outstanding Criminal Practitioner in New York State.
- Charles S. Crimi Award recognizing the Professional Career of a Defense Lawyer in Private Practice who embodies the highest ideals of the Criminal Justice Section of the New York State Bar Association.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer — National Trial Lawyers
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum — Top Trial Lawyers in America
- Member, Committee on Character and Fitness for the Eighth Judicial District of the State of New York
- Member, Committee on Admissions and Grievances of the United States Court of Appeal for the Second Circuit
- Board of Directors of the Erie County Bar Association
- Board of Governors of the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Bureau, Inc.
- Power 250, Western New York’s Most Influential People
- City & State Magazine, Law Power 50, identifying Terry as one of the most influential lawyers in the State of New YorkBar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers — Civil Trial Practice, Criminal Trial Practice, and Appellate Practice
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Legal Analyst, WIVB Buffalo, New York
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Current Employment Position