The defendant in the Buffalo mass shooting pleaded guilty. Terry Connors and Benjamin Crump represent seven of the victims and their families as well as two individuals who were injured.
Chambers USA identifies, ranks and differentiates the best talent globally for when it matters. Chambers has rated Terry Connors, Band 1, stating that he enjoys a formidable reputation for his excellent capabilities as a trial lawyer involved in high profile cases. Clients regularly turn to him for their most challenging cases.
- “Terry is spectacular; he has a high profile and good instincts.”
- “He is excellent and has real strength of personality.”
After an electrician was killed while working on a local construction project, the widow and family consulted with a local attorney who involved Connors LLP to represent them in a lawsuit against the owner and construction manager on the project. Because the worker was deceased, we began with almost no information about how the incident occurred. But after five years of hard work searching for, interviewing, and deposing witnesses, reviewing documents, inspecting the equipment, and consulting with experts, Lawlor F. Quinlan III put together a case demonstrating that the electrician was killed because workers had been pressured to cut corners and violate safety rules. As a result, just before the trial in 2022, Quinlan was able to obtain a settlement from insurance carrier for the responsible parties of $5,300,000 for the family, including payment streams that will help provide for their financial needs for life.
On August 29, 2022, Top Verdict recognized Connors LLP for obtaining a Top #20 personal injury jury verdict in New York State in 2021. In the case Baldauf v. Gambino, after only a $10,000 settlement offer, Nicholas A. Romano, Esq., and the CLLP team obtained $1,136,500 verdict for a car crash victim, which was the #16 largest jury verdict across the State.
Each year, Top Verdict recognizes U.S. law firms and attorneys who have obtained the largest jury verdicts, settlements, or bench awards in the Nation or an individual State, in a particular area of law, and year. Top Verdict has recognized CLLP numerous times since the firm’s inception in 1986.
- Terry M. Connors: Recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for his high caliber work in Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Legal Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Michael J. Roach: Recognized as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants in Buffalo. In addition he is highlighted in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for his high caliber work in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants.
- James W. Grable: Recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for his high caliber work in Criminal Defense: General Practice and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Lawlor F. Quinlan: Recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for his high caliber work in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Joseph D. Morath: Recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for his high caliber work in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Nicholas A. Romano: Recognized in the 3rd edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ for his high caliber work in Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
Terry Connors will join forces with internationally famous Civil Rights lawyer Ben Crump to bring justice for several families who lost loved ones in the Tops Market shootings.
Terry Connors and Lawlor Quinlan have taken over the representation of a Buffalo stage technician who was seriously injured while working at a Phil Collins concert. The case was previously dismissed but on appeal Lawlor secured a reversal of the dismissal and obtained summary judgment in favor of the stage technician against Live Nation. Trial will now proceed on damages alone.
Partner Terrence M. Connors was recently interviewed by legendary WBBZ-TV broadcaster, Tony Farina, in a podcast covering Terry’s knowledge and experience as an attorney.
Connors LLP attorneys Terrence M. Connors and James W. Grable, Jr., partnered with Brady United to obtain a historic settlement of claims against a gun manufacturer and distributor whose gun was illegally trafficked into Buffalo to harm a Buffalo high school basketball standout. The case and the settlement were the subject of a recent podcast by RED BLUE & BRADY, Episode 177.
Tier 1 recognition is reserved for the highest scoring firms during the annual review process. These rankings are based on over 8.2 million evaluations of more than 115,000 individual leading lawyers from more than 22,000 firms across the country.
Partner Terrence M. Connors was recognized as one of City and State’s Annual Law Power 100 for 2022. The news organization announces the most influencing legal minds in New York City and state each year.
On January 19, 2022, Connors LLP filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of a J.S.—a ten-year-old autistic boy who cannot wear a mask due to a disability—and his parents.
Connors LLP is pleased to announce that Nicholas A. Romano, Esq., has been elected to the firm’s partnership, effective January 1, 2022.
Partner Joseph D. Morath has been recognized as one of Buffalo Business First’s People on the Move. He is considered one of the top personal injury attorneys in Upstate New York
On November 21, 2014, Matthew S. Baldauf was rear-ended by a truck while stopped at a red traffic light at the intersection of Niagara Street and Porter Avenue in the City of Buffalo, New York. Then 32-year-old Mr. Baldauf suffered a low back injury, which required conservative treatment and surgery. Mr. Baldauf retained Connors LLP to pursue a fair outcome. Nicholas A. Romano, Esq., fought for Mr. Baldauf for nearly seven years, including extensive litigation, an interlocutory appeal, and, ultimately, a jury trial. The insurance company offered only $10,000 to settle Mr. Baldauf’s case. On September 30, 2021, after a two-week jury trial, Mr. Romano obtained a jury verdict of $1,136,500 for Mr. Baldauf’s past and future pain and suffering and expenses – nearly 114 times what the insurance company offered.
On October 1, 2021, The Buffalo News featured Mr. Baldauf’s jury trial.
- Partner John T. Loss and Associate Andrew M. Debbins obtained Number 39 out of the Top 50 Bench Awards in the United States for 2020 in the case Culhane v. USA .
- Partner Joseph D. Morath, Jr. obtained Number 54 out of the Top 100 Personal Injury Settlements in the United States for 2020 in Dunn v. Covanta Niagara I, LLC, et al.
- Terrence M. Connors recognized as a Top 10 Upstate New York Super Lawyer. Terry’s primary area of practice is personal injury.
- Michael J. Roach recognized as a Top 10 Upstate New York Super Lawyer. Michael’s primary area of practice is medical malpractice defense.
While most law firms might have one attorney named to Super Lawyers, Connors LLP had a total of 11 attorneys named to Super Lawyers. This included two in the Top 10 and three in the Top 50.
Beating An Influential Corporation To Help A Startup Get Off The Ground
Connors LLP’s client, two local entrepreneurs starting a new business in the industrial supply sector faced a federal lawsuit from a $3 billion corporation seeking an injunction to prevent them from starting up. Battling one of New York City’s largest law firms and the substantial resources of a major corporation, Connors LLP won dismissal of the lawsuit and a strong reprimand from the judge to the corporate giant. The corporation did not appeal, and the entrepreneurs were able to successfully launch their business without future challenge.
Winning The Region’s Largest Verdict
In 2003, Connors LLP represented a young man injured while performing as a diver at a local amusement park. The incident left the young man paralyzed with a total motor and sensory loss below his shoulders. After a lengthy trial, Connors LLP was able to win a $58.6 million trial verdict on the client’s behalf, including awards for future medical care and rehabilitation, and loss of potential income. At the time, it was the largest-ever jury verdict in Western New York, and was one of the nation’s ten largest that year.
Obtaining Settlements For Families Of The Victims Of Flight 3407
Following the crash of Continental Flight 3407 outside Buffalo in 2009, Connors LLP was retained by a number of the victims’ families to help determine the causes of the crash and the hold the airlines responsible. Connors LLP was successful in uncovering answers and obtaining financial security for the families.
Succeeding In A Civil Resolution
A multimillion-dollar health care company faced a massive government investigation, accompanied by the threat of criminal prosecution of both the company and its principals. With an indictment bringing with it the strong likelihood of the company’s collapse, the stakes were as high as they come. The company engaged Connors LLP to spearhead the response to the investigation, and the firm worked with the singular goal of preventing criminal charges. Connors LLP succeeded in negotiating a civil resolution, which allowed the company to continue to thrive, while minimizing distractions and negative publicity.
Winning A $27 Million Personal Injury Suit
Connors LLP was engaged to represent a construction worker who was injured while performing construction in an elevator shaft. He was struck by a scaffold plank, which fell two floors before striking him in the cervical area and causing serious injury to his spine. Connors LLP successfully negotiated a settlement that will pay the worker $27 million to cover his pain, suffering, lost wages and future medical expenses.
Obtaining Settlement After Trial For Parents Of Alix Rice
After a doctor who was driving while intoxicated struck and killed a young woman who was riding home from work on a long board, a criminal jury declined to hold him responsible for her death. The parents later retained Connors LLP to bring the doctor to justice. By working with police investigators, bringing in new experts, and taking the case before a civil jury, Connors LLP was able to achieve a settlement for the parents.