Joseph D. Morath, Jr.
- Personal Injury
Joe is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice on all aspects of personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, nursing home, and group home litigation. He has obtained multiple jury verdicts, including million and multi-million dollar awards, and reached countless settlements on behalf of his clients. Recognized by his peers as a zealous advocate in and out of the courtroom, Joe has obtained some of the highest verdicts and settlements in New York State.
Understanding that no two cases are the same, Joe prides himself on providing individualized service and building a personal relationship with his clients and their families. With a reputation as an aggressive advocate for his clients, Joe is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure justice is achieved.
A veteran of the United States Armed Forces, Joe served for four years as an active duty infantryman with the United States Marine Corps. Following the completion of his active duty service, he served three years as a military police officer with the New York Army National Guard, including one year in support of Operation Joint Forge in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Today, as a successful attorney, Joe remains committed to supporting his fellow Armed Forces veterans, and has served as a veteran mentor at the City of Buffalo Veteran's Court. Joe is also a past member of the Board of Directors of Western New York Heroes Inc., an organization that provides veterans, members of the armed services, and the widows and children of deceased veterans with access to essential services, financial assistance, and resources that support their lives and sustain their dignity. He also is the former chair of the Bar Association of Erie County's Committee on Veterans' and Service-Members' Legal Issues, and a past member of the board of directors for the SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association.
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- Honors: summa cum laude
- New York, 2006
- Top 10 New York Settlement 2020
- Top 30 New York Verdict 2012
- Top 100 New York Settlement 2018
- Top 100 New York Verdict 2017
- Super Lawyers, Personal Injury
- 7 Figure Litigators
- 8 Figure Litigators
- Buffalo Business First, 40 Under Forty (2014)
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Attorney (2017)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Past Chair, Bar Association of Erie County Committee on Veterans’ and Service-Members’ Legal Issues
- Founder and President, United States Armed Forces Law Student Association